2016 Chamber Committees & Goals
Standing Committees and Goals
Member Services – Chair – Dale Askins, First Peoples Bank
- Identify and provide a list quarterly of potential new members to the Executive Committee beginning March 7
- By year-end 2016, increase overall membership by 10%.
- Hold three focus groups of members by summer and develop a long-term retention plan based on the results
Governmental Affairs Committee – Chair – Kevin Wiley, Georgia Power
- Plan and execute political forums, including the issuing of a questionnaire to candidate and publication of responses
- Plan Capitol Day 2017
- Continue to strengthen relationships with and among local, state and national government leadership
Tourism Committee – Chair – Hank Arnold, Pine Mountain Tourism Association
- Plan and executive second phase of customer service training seminar (Spring)
- Develop and produce a “tour” video of Harris County to be featured at an informational seminar this fall
- Report to the Harris County Commissioners bi-annually on the Chamber’s spending of acquired tourism dollars
Economic Outlook Committee – Chair – Jamie Loyd, Columbus Technical College
- Build and execute a survey for current business owners, with a focus on business retention and expansion.
- Arrange a tour of the Georgia Resource Center of county commission, economic development authority members and any other interested parties
Leadership Task Force (Youth) – Chair – Christy Dixon, Aflac
- Develop, plan and supervise curriculum and activities for an effective Youth Leadership program this fall.
Film Industry Task Force
- Develop and execute a plan to work with the state film industry as to how best to leverage Harris County’s position and attraction for potential film projects.