2017 Recommended Goals & Objectives
Standing Committees and Goals
Member Services – Bob Patterson, Chair
• Identify and provide a list of potential new members to the full Board at each meeting.
• By year-end 2017, increase overall membership by 10%.
• Hold three focus groups of members by summer and develop a long-term retention plan based on the results – in partnership with River Valley Regional Commission – Jim Livingston
• Develop a member recruitment plan to include incentives for participants
• Increase reach and interaction with membership and community through social media.
• Implement strategic and direct personal invites to key members for events and programs.
Governmental Affairs Committee – Bruce Hancock, Chair
• Meet on a bi-monthly schedule
• Explore needs for political forums and provide continued voter education on candidates and issues.
• Plan and execute an expanded annual “State of the State” event in April
• Plan Capitol Day 2017 in partnership with Meriwether County
• Continue to strengthen relationships with and among local, state and national government leadership
• Develop and adopt Legislative Agenda
• Improved communication to membership of pertinent business issues and legislation.
Tourism Committee – Heather Sellers, Chair
• Plan and executive a third phase of customer service training seminar (Spring)
• Develop a familiarization tour (Fam Tour) with hospitality partners of our various tourism amenities throughout the year.
• Report to the Harris County Commissioners bi-annually on the Chamber’s spending of acquired tourism dollars
Economic Outlook Committee – Jamie Loyd, Chair
• Develop a mission/vision for the economic development function of the Chamber
o Develop a strategic plan for the Economic Outlook Committee
• Explore opportunities to partner regionally on business retention and expansion programs and resources.
• Work closely with West Point ED professional re: NWHBP
• Develop Film Industry Task Force (subcommittee)
o Develop and execute a plan to work with the state film industry as to how best to leverage Harris County’s position and attraction for potential film projects
o Develop asset portfolio on state film website
Chamber Task Forces Goals & Objectives
Leadership Task Force (Adult) – Christi Dixon, Chair
• Develop, plan and supervise curriculum and activities for an effective Adult Leadership program this fall – report on plans and activities to Executive Committee by May 16.
Signature Events Task Force – Kim Tharp, Key Staff
• Support the President and Chairman in planning, coordinating and executing various Chamber signature event calendar
Ambassador Program Task Force – Subcommittee of Events Task Force
• Develop a resource group of key volunteers to support staff at events and programs.
Golf Tournament Task Force – Ben Brannin, Chair
• Plan, organize and execute a successful golf tournament
Wheels O’ Fire IV Task Force – Bill Czukor, Chair
• Plan, organize and execute a successful motorcycle and collector car ride and fundraiser to support the Chamber and local volunteer fire departments